Thursday, September 21, 2017

Foodie Friday and Everything Else


It's always a pleasure to see you at Foodie Friday and Everything Else. Can't wait to see what you've brought to the party! 

This week, I'm tackling a long-overdue project: tranforming the pool house into a she shed.  I debated about leaving the green paint, but the room is quite dark. I knew that white paint wouldn't be the cure, but I had time and energy--I just had to tinker. I dashed out to Home Depot and Lowes to find something brighter than BM's Simply White and White Dove, which I adore--but I wanted something brighter. I know. A mistake was on the horizon, especially since I didn't think anything would work with the pink marble-tile floor (only option: a rug). 
Then, after painting small swatches, I realized that I'd opened the proverbial can of worms. Unless I want to paint the trim and ceiling (and I don't), I need to find a yellowish paint--not super white.
I just returned from Sherwin Williams, armed with a sample of low voc (supposedly very few fumes) "Creamy," which I'd loved at the Georgian house. Hopefully, it will work with the pool house's trim and ceiling.
Come what may, I'll update early Saturday morning. Wish me luck!
Update: Thursday's progress!

I'm thinking about removing 2 upper cabinet doors--the far left and far right--and leaving the others "doored." 😉  I looked in my hardware box, too...maybe bin pulls on the drawers and knobs on the cabinet doors.  The Formica will stay until I see how this room works out (though I may paint it).


You'll love the featured stories from last week's party:

I was charmed by the "Easy Outdoor Fall Decor" over at Second Chance to Dream. The before and after photos are so inspiring and beautiful.

"Your Bedroom, Your Sanctuary" is part of a new design series by Cozy Little House. It's filled with inspiring ideas for every room in your house. Now that autumn is here, it's the perfect time to fluff your nest.

Busy Being Jennifer shared "Easy Rotisserie Chicken Soup," a comforting, quick recipe for autumn and winter. It looks delicious.


Foodie Friday and Everything Else Guidelines

**Old and new posts are welcome.  

**Foodie Friday and Everything Else doesn't require mandatory links to the party, Rattlebridge Farm, or follows on social media. 

**To be featured, you must own the copyright (c) to the photos in your post or have written permission to use them.

**To make it easier for readers to find your article, use the permalink to your blog post. A tutorial is available HERE.

 **Share your food photos with a larger community at TOP FOOD BLOGGERS ON PINTEREST.

** If you'd like to participate, send me a message @ Pinterest (sometimes requests are swallowed in the feed, so if you don't get an immediate invitation, please send a direct message.

23 comments:

  1. Good luck with the paint! Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your pool house/she shed transformation and update! Sounds like many hours of fun (and work ;) are in your future! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Lee, good luck with your She-Shed makeover. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I inherited an empty hot tub house that I'm going to makeover some day. Perhaps you'll inspire me. Thanks for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! Good luck with your work on the She Shed. I look forward to seeing it! This week I'm sharing some yummy autumnal Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins, inspired by a trip to Britain's Lake District. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael, thank you for hosting the weekend party. I have SW Creamy in my updated kitchen and I really love it! I was debating with Dover White, which I have in two front rooms, but it was a tad too yellow. With my cherry cabinets, and new countertops, I needed something leaning toward khaki (that's how I described the need for a match, lol). Creamy was it! Between the bath & kitchen, I have a dozen sample quarts of paints.....hello ReStore. Good luck with the job, I hope you end up liking it!

    I'm trying to cross little chores off my "Fall" list, but seem to have my order reversed insofar as a few things. I've decorated the porch, now plan to have some bricks repointed. {sigh} Always something.....

    You can tell we're all gearing up for Fall...trying to take care of things so nesting is cozier. :)
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a really neat project and an awesome space for you! Have fun with the transformation. Can't wait to see the finished shed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the party, Michael Lee. I'm excited about your she shed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo, so excited to see the end results. Can't wait for the reveal of she shed. Your taste is impeccable. Thanks for hosting all this inspiration compiled @FF&EE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a suggestion. Find the undertones of your flooring. If it is pinky-beige then your yellowish paint undertones on the walls may be in conflict with your floor. Certainly an indoor outdoor rug is a solution as long as the edges around it don't clash or make the floor or everything else look dingy. Typically, you choose paint to go with the area or objects that will not be replaced.

    You are going to love having your very own she shed. It 's so you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Yolie! I didn't know that yellow undertones would clash with the pink/purple/mauve tile. Since this is a place with little traffic, I had thought about painting the floor. It looks far, far worse in person. When we were remodeling, a flooring man told me that I could cover the tiles with linoleum, but I want to do as much as I can without calling in subs. My mother knows someone who can replace the countertops inexpensively, and I may do that eventually (I may paint them just to see what happens...if that looks okay, I'm good to go!). Thank you for your advice! I am working on the room all day tomorrow, and I should have an update Saturday morning. I am really eager to paint those cabinets.

      Delete
  10. Thanks for hosting. Hope you are enjoying your day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing the quote from Julia Child, Michael Lee. I so agree!! Good luck with your painting project for your she shed. We always love to see results. Thanks for hosting your party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharing with your party this week my recipe for apple pie cookies --- perfect for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for another party. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your pool house looks like an interesting project. I look forward to seeing your progress. Thank you for hosting the party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you have a challenging project!!! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're getting your groove back, Michael! Nothing could be more perfect at this moment in time than a she shed for you. Oh, and by the looks of the response to Foodie Friday links, everyone else is getting their groove back! :) Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to seeing the progress as your painting continues. Thank you Michael Lee for your Foodie Friday and Everything Else.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun to design your own she shed; I can not wait to see the finished product. I'm sure it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete